Thursday, May 11, 2006

ATA Deans' Seminar, Singapore



What a wonderful opportunity meeting with you guys. As I suggested to Dr. Sanders, I am going to create a resource blog for colleagues. These would be educational resources which can be used to support the ministry and administry that we are engaged in.

I trust that these resources will be useful for all who visit. What I will try to do is to include some links and add commentaries to help you make sense of the resource.

One of the distinctions that Dr. Sanders made yesterday was the one between information dissemination technologies and educational or learning technologies. As long as one person controls the information in this blog, it remains very much the former. At a later stage, I want to invite some of you to contribute your thoughts, resources in this same blog. (The issue here is not about control, it is about managing the space and the voices, but you can post comments at the bottom of each post if you wish.) I think you will be able to see the difference then when two or three gather here to dialogue, share thoughts, etc. You will then experience the power of community blogging.

Until then, I hope to make this site a rich, sticky environment where you can find valuable educational resources.

Have a safe journey back home!